CHARLES SIKORA, ACF|
I am a private Consulting Forester, d.b.a. Sikora Forest Consulting. I am a Registered Professional Forester in California, License #141, a Professional Land Surveyor, License #4126, and a Real Estate Broker,
License #760347. My office is located at 47352 Modoc Road, Coarsegold, CA 93614. Coarsegold is a rural community located in the southern Sierra Nevada mountains south of Yosemite National Park.firstname.lastname@example.org
I have been qualified as an Expert Witness in State and Federal Courts and for Board of Ag. Appeals
and California Administrative Law court. I have consulted in more than fifty Civil and Criminal cases in natural
resources, forest engineering, land surveying, and real estate issues. I have testified in much of this litigation. A
major portion of my law-based business is providing technical assistance to attorneys.
Stockton College (now Delta College), Stockton, California, attended
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon, Bachelor of Science in Forest Management, 1956
- Practicing Foresters Institute, private forestry practice
- Anthony School of Real Estate, Real Estate Brokers certificate
- University of California, Berkeley, forestry practice
- University of California, Davis, forestry practice and agricultural pest control
- University of New Mexico, land surveying practice
- University of Southern California, taxes
- Association of Consulting Foresters, private forestry practice
- Society of American Foresters, forestry practice
- California Licensed Foresters Association, forestry practice, archaeology, and California Forest
- California Land Surveyors Association, land surveying
- California Association of Realtors, real estate
- Title Companies and real estate consulting businesses, real estate
- California Department of Forestry & Fires Control, forestry practice, archaeology, and California
- Forest Practice Act
- U.S. Forest Service, timber appraisal, fire control, fire behavior.
- American Tree Farm System Group Certification Process
Registered Professional Forester, License #141, California, 1973
Real Estate Broker, License #00760347, California, 1979
Professional Land Surveyor, License #4126, California, 1973
Private Airplane Pilot - single engine, land
Agricultural Pest Control Adviser, License #1620, California
Archaeology, California Department of Forestry & Fire Control
Consulting Forester, Association of Consulting Foresters of America, Inc.
Sustained Yield Certifying Forester for American Tree Farm System
Association of Consulting Foresters of America, Inc.
American Society of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
PUBLIC SERVICE ACTIVITY:
California Land Surveyors Association
California Licensed Foresters Association, Charter Member
California Association of Realtors
National Association of Realtors
Society of American Foresters, Founding member of High Sierra Chapter
Yosemite Gateway Board of Realtors
Member California Forest Stewardship Coordinating Committee, a State appointed position
Associate Member, Coarsegold Resource Conservation District
CRCD Representative, Yosemite/Sequoia Resource Conservation & Development Council
Member, California Association of Resource Conservation Districts Fuels Management Committee
First Vice President, Association of Consulting Foresters of America, Inc.
Western Regional Director, Association of Consulting Foresters of America, Inc.
Member, Madera County Solid Waste Disposal Advisory Committee
Member, Madera County Economic Opportunities Commission
Executive Committee Member, Madera County Chapter Red Cross
Director, Eastern Madera County Chamber of Commerce
President, North Fork Chamber of Commerce
Proficiency Examiner, National Ski Patrol representing Yosemite Patrol
Forestry activities have included responsibility in:
- 1956 - 1957 Stanislaus National Forest, Sonora, CA. Assistant Forest Engineer. Portfolio primarily as
engineer in charge of road survey and design. Secondary assignments included timber sale layout,
insect and disease control, winter sports area inspector, wildland fire suppression.
- 1957-1958 Stanislaus National Forest, Calaveras Ranger District, San Andreas, CA. Project Timber
Sales Officer. Portfolio primarily in timber as cruiser, sales officer, appraiser, timber stand improvement
supervisor. Secondary assignments included summer cabin inspections, snow surveys, wildland fire suppression.
- 1958-1961 Sierra National Forest, Kings River Ranger District, Sanger, CA. Timber Management Officer.
Responsible for all phases of timber management from planting to harvesting, and watershed
management with emphasis on erosion control, and the Big Creek Multiple Use Watershed Pilot
Study Area emphasizing all phases of natural resource management and protection, and wildland fire suppression.
- 1961-1966 Sierra National Forest, Minarets Ranger District, North Fork, CA. Assistant District Ranger.
Primary assistant to District Ranger. Responsible for all natural resource management and protection,
including timber, forage, wildlife, watershed, Wilderness, recreation, and wildland fire suppression.
- 1966-1969 American Forest Products Corporation, North Fork, CA. Forest Engineer. In charge of road
survey & design and timber cruising.
- 1969-Pres. Self-employed Consulting Forester, Land Surveyor, Real Estate Broker, d.b.a. Sikora Forest
Consulting, Coarsegold, CA
- 2003. Temporary appointment as instructor of advanced forest surveying, aerial photo interpretation,
and silviculture at Reedley Community College, Reedley, CA.
- over 1,000,000,000 board feet of timber harvesting
- over 300 miles of forest road survey, design, and construction
- the management of domestic stock grazing and wildlife on over 400,000 acres
- the management of over 75,000 acres of Wilderness Areas.
- watershed protection on over 750,000 acres
- middle and upper management level fire suppression on major fires.
- campground design
- snow surveys in San Joaquin, Stanislaus, and Mokelumne river watersheds
- winter sports area permit enforcement (Dodge Ridge)
- forest insect and disease prevention and control programs
- advocate for permittees on National Forest lands
- expert witness in local, state, and federal courts
- forest management assistance for Yosemite National Park
- forest appraisal of both public and private forests
- forest management plans for Private Non-Industrial Forest landowners
- timber harvesting plans and other timber cutting permits
- conversion permits and subdivision exemptions
- rare and endangered species investigations on Private Non-Industrial Forest lands
- archaeologic studies on Private Non-Industrial Forest lands
- watershed protection on Private Non-Industrial Forest lands
- environmental cumulative effect analysis of timber harvesting on Private Non-Industrial Forest lands
- college instructor in silviculture
- college instructor in aerial photograph interpretation
Land surveying activities have included responsibility in:
Real estate activities have included responsibility in:
- boundary surveys
- land divisions (Subdivisions and Parcel Maps, including all phases of planning and permitting,)
- road surveys
- forest road design
- college instructor in forest surveying
Clientele have included U.S. Forest Service, National Park Service, Bureau of Indian Affairs, Madera County,
Mariposa County, American Forest Products Corp., Sequoia Forest Products Corp., Norby Lumber Company,
Sierra Forest Products Corp., Sierra Forest Industries, Sierra Pacific Industries, Ponderosa Telephone Company,
private non-industrial forest landowners, real estate developers, corporate and family grazing, farming and
mining interests, other private landowners, and numerous law firms.
- residential sales
- bare land sales
- real estate appraisals
- loan origination
- real estate exchanges